Saturday 3 September 2016

Kapa Haka Excellence 18

On Tuesday night the Oaklands school Kapa Haka went to horn castle arena to perform in the cultural festival. I am in the Kapa Haka group and I can say most of us were very nervous to perform but excited at the same time. We had to be there by 6:00pm but we were the last performance and the cultural festival started at 6:40pm. We had no practices on the night but in the day we came to see what it was like and practice but we only got 9 minutes! Finally we are on the stage and performing our first song, everyone is going great and just like that the performance is over there is heaps of people clapping and cheering and that's when everyone smiles. Then another school comes on with us and we both sing he honore and after that a good song come on and everyone danced!! I showed leadership by trying my best and showing a good example to the other people that are younger that me in the Kapa Haka group, I was getting involved by joining the Kapa Haka group and performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment