The hunger games is about a girl called Katniss Everdeen. Her story started with the hunger games 1 but now I have read the hunger games 2 and thats what I am reviewing about. The main parts of this story is when Katniss is chosen for the second time in a row to go to the hunger games. But these was a twist to the hunger games that year...it was all the tributes from the last hunger games had to go this year. I loved this book because it was unpredictable and interesting.
You will have to read the book to find out more
Thursday, 6 July 2017
This term I have been reading and studying the novel … abandon ship
I found this novel interesting because it was a true story and it was sad to hear her perspective and that when I know is has happened to people before.
During the novel I had to complete a thinking map which shows that I can classify how the author has shown the theme of the book.
National Standard this covers
- Year 9/10 Standard
- I can locate, evaluate, analyse and summarise information and ideas within texts and across a range of texts.
- I have a large vocabulary that is connected to my own knowledge about the world and includes: - academic e.g observe vs watch - subject-specific (specific words about a subject (e.g feline) - technical terms (specialised vocabulary of a particular field.)
Overall I would give this novel a rating of 9/10 and I would / would not recommend it to others to read because it was sad and because I just wanted to keep reading, it was hard to have to stop because Mrs S said to stop at a spot/page.
Posted by Unknown at 09:51
Wednesday, 5 July 2017
In ARTS this term we have been learning to:
Select and use techniques and relevant technologies to develop drama practice.
Here is a link to our online modelling book.
- During this unit of learning we:
- Described the characteristics of silent performances.
- Identified different techniques used in silent performances.
- Used these techniques in a variety of different practice situations.
- Worked in a small group to put together our own silent performance.
The most challenging part of this unit of learning was overacting because its weird to do it in front of everyone and I was very nervous.
The two things that I enjoyed the most were:
- Working with my friends
- And getting out of my comfort zone
My group was: Brook, and Savannah
The story that my group told silently was that Brook plays with ball Natasha steals it and starts passing to Savannah Brook starts chasing us and points the finger. Brook kicks Savannah and steals the ball back. Brook comes to us and asks if we want to play with her
Overall I think my group worked very well together because we are friends so I felt comfortable doing drama with them.
Posted by Unknown at 16:36
Tuesday, 4 July 2017
WALT: I can successfully research a current event.
Here is a link to our online modelling book for this unit of learning.
The National Standard that I have been aiming for during this unit of learning is:
- Year 9/10: I can read in different ways to find and/or understand information that that is not immediately easy to access or is not organised in familiar ways.
Each week we have read a short text about a current event/ topic. We then formed questions based on what we had read. After this we researched the answers to our questions and finally we gave our opinions on what we had found out.
Here is some evidence of my learning.
My Next Step is to continue to apply the reading and research skills that I have learned in a variety of other areas.
Posted by Unknown at 15:28