Sunday 28 May 2017

Excellence cross county zones 9

On Friday I went to the south west zones cross county with the other people that came 1st 2nd or 3rd in the cross country for school in their event. In the school cross country I came 2nd and that means I go to zones. We had to be at school before 8:30 on Friday so we could get to the event on time and sort out where we are sitting and things like that. I kept getting more nervous and nervous as the races went on and on throughout all the year groups. Finally our race came and we had to take off all our jackets and sweatshirts, it was freezing! We then lined up on the starting line and the horn went off! We were racing. I got puffed straight away and got nervous if I could finish the whole race in a running pace. 3km went fast and by the time I got stitch in my tummie I was already crossing the finish line! It was over. I came 10th as I found out on the sheet. Which means I get to go to Canturburys and represent Oaklands school for it! I showed excellence by participating in the zones and I showed leadership by representing my school positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment